Activities and Events
- 2022 Ladies Day Shelia Butt from Tennessee come up to be our Featured Speaker for our annual Ladies Day of Inspiration. Shelia did an excellent job speaking to our group of 110 women, inspiring and encouraging all.
- Our 2023 Ladies Day is scheduled to be held April 29 with Speaker and Author Sister Teddy Copeland from Florence Alabama. Registration & Continental Breakfast begins at 8:30 Program begins at 9:00. Teddy has authored 12 books for women, and is a well known nationwide Ladies Day speaker.
- Each year in September we take a group to Valparaiso Indiana to the Shults Lewis Children’s Home to prepare hamburgers for their Annual Day, then donate the money back to the Children’s Home.
- We also collect commodity items for Shults Lewis Childrens Home each year in June.
- Vacation Bible School has been held yearly since 2002 (Until Covid hit and has had to be postponed until 2022) . Our VBS was held July 25-27, 2022 with the help of Washington Ave Church of Christ in Evansville, IN. Our VBS was Very Successful with 58 children from the area coming and learning about Super Heroes of the Bible! We had Opening and closing assembly, Bible classes, a craft room and refreshments. We had an ice cream social Wednesday after closing assembly which the parents attended, and it was a great evangelistic effort! Doors were knocked on after VBS ended, and Bibles presented to each family whose children came to VBS. We planted the seed and are sure that God will give the increase.
- Our 2023 VBS is scheduled to be held July 17-20 with a closing assembly held July 20 for children & parents and a Hot Dog Roast afterwards.
- Our youth and adults serve Beechwood Hills Christian Youth Camp as campers, counselors in training, counselors and volunteers in many other ways. Each year we collect paper products for use during the camp weeks. We delivered a large supply of Napkins, Paper Towels and Toilet paper.
- We have a Pantry for those in need; members bring in items on a weekly basis to keep our pantry supplied. We also have a freezer pantry which we receive donations from a local food company.
- We recently added a "Blessing Box" for the community to "help themselves". We keep the box supplied with non perishable items Breakfast foods, peanut butter and Jelly, Pasta dinners, Juice, water and school supplies etc. The Blessing Box is well received by our community.