Activities and Events
- We have Ladies Day scheduled April 24, 2021 with Becky Blackmon from Waco Texas. Becky is an accomplished speaker for Ladies Days and Retreats, and has often been a Ladies class teacher at the Freed Hardeman Letureships in Tennessee. Becky has authored 3 books including “the Begging Place” which is a book on Prayer. We are happy to have Becky with us at this day of encouragement and fellowship with all women. She will be speaking to us about finding peace in our daily struggles of life.
- Each year in September we take a group to Valparaiso Indiana to the Shults Lewis Children’s Home to prepare hamburgers for their Annual Day, then donate the money back to the Children’s Home.
- Vacation Bible School has been held yearly since 2004. Our VBS continues to grow year after year and this is something the entire congregation is involved with. We are looking forward again to having a great evangelistic VBS helping our community learn about Christ and His Love for all. We plan for VBS to take place the summer of 2021. The theme is Faith Force, Heroes of Godly Living.
- Our youth and adults also serve Beechwood Hills Christian Youth Camp as campers, counselors in training, counselors and volunteers in many other ways.
- We have other activities throughout the year ie: preparing dinner 3 times a year at the Renucci Hospitality House. We prepare each dinner while there and serve all those who desire to come and have a home-cooked meal.
- We have a Pantry for those in need; members bring in items on a weekly basis to keep our pantry supplied. We also have a freezer pantry which we receive donations from a local food company. Also a clothing pantry is available to all in need.